A little known area in Southwest Atlanta, Adams Park is slowly gaining recognition. Tucked between Delowe Drive and Campbellton Road to the south, the neighborhood has easy access to downtown, MARTA, the Atlanta airport, and the Camp Creek marketplace shopping center.
Until recently, Adams Park redevelopment has been slow, keeping the cost of homes and apartments quite affordable. It has a good inventory of well-maintained ranches and bungalows built between 1940-1975 in quiet, wooded surroundings with relatively large yards for the picking.
The park itself offers a golf course, pool, ball fields, and plenty of room to run around with kids and dogs. In September 2016, a PermaTrak boardwalk was opened at the park across Logan Lake, completing a quarter mile long walking trail at the 32-acre regional park. Adams Park’s neighbor, Cascade Heights, extends the opportunity to experience the outdoors and long walks with its expansive nature preserve.
Some other interesting information about the neighborhood…
- Adams Park is home to the oldest house in Atlanta that was actually built in Atlanta.
- Noted Atlanta landscaper William L. Monroe Sr. (other credits include Chastain Park) originally designed the neighborhood’s namesake park.
- The Civil War Battle of Utoy Creek was fought throughout the community in 1864. The 18-hole Alfred Tup Holmes Golf Course has one of the few remaining Confederate sites still visible in the city.
The prices are low and opportunities are high in Adams Park. Don’t wait…this area will be exploding before you know it. Contact us for amazing living and investment opportunities asap!
Adams Park Atlanta Public Schools:
- Venetian Hills Elementary School
- Brown Middle School
- Booker T. Washington High School
November 2016-February 2017:
- Average listing price – $136,499.00
- Median sales price – $204,250.00 (+59.3% year-over-year)