Proudly incorporated as its own Dekalb County city in 2012, Brookhaven is bound by the Fulton County line on the west, I-85 on the south, Clairmont Road and Chamblee Dunwoody Road on the east, and I-285 on the north. A large and diverse area, it includes:
- A historic residential neighborhood surrounding the Capital City Country Club with many homes designed by well-known Atlanta architects in an area suitably called “Historic Brookhaven”. Stretching from Peachtree Dunwoody Road on the west, Mabry Drive to the east, and Peachtree Road to the south, a lot of this area actually lies within the city of Atlanta.
- An urban town center on Dresden Drive, just east of the Brookhaven MARTA station, named Brookhaven Village. Complete with mixed-use developments, the village borders residential neighborhoods on its north and south that have single-family homes within walking distance of the village.
- A small area north of Windsor Parkway and east of Sandy Springs known as Lynwood Park for its large park of the same name. It’s one of the few Brookhaven neighborhoods with craftsman-style homes.
- Commercial and mixed-use developments situated along Peachtree Road, including more than 1,500 residential units and tons of office space.
- The area down the road from Perimeter Mall and all of its surrounding shops and restaurants called North Brookhaven. With its large homes and big lots, North Brookhaven encompasses the popular destinations of Blackburn Park, Murphy Candler Park, the Nancy Creek PATH trail, and the Peachtree Golf Club.
- The world-renown Buford Highway corridor. Housing a large international population, this pocket of Brookhaven has the most authentic ethnic restaurants and businesses in all of Atlanta.
- A former country club located between Roxboro and North Druid Hills Roads, and just north of Buford Highway, Lenox Park is now comprised of residences and office space.
From large, sprawling homes to high-density multiplexes, Brookhaven is not short of options and a great intown consideration for new and existing ITP’rs wanting easy access to everything intown offers.
Brookhaven’s Dekalb County Public Schools:
- Ashford Park, Montclair, Montgomery, and Woodward Elementary Schools
- Kittredge Middle Magnet School
- Cross Keys and Chamblee Charter High Schools
- Average listing price – $1,295,267.00
- Median sales price – $1,075,000.00 (+122.8% year-over-year)